Brighton Citizens for Responsive Town Government
Breaking News on Monroe Avenue Traffic
Here’s what we learned about the Whole Foods / Amazon Plaza:
The Brighton Town Board & Planning Board both approved the Whole Foods Plaza development plan with full knowledge that the traffic studies did not consider the following major traffic drivers:
- The Whole Foods store will have Amazon Lockers, Amazon Pick Up & Delivery Center.
- The Whole Foods store will have a restaurant and pub.
- Plaza traffic will include 40-50 more trucks a day than assumed in the traffic studies.
- The other 18-20 retailers will produce additional traffic impacts that were not considered in the traffic study.
- The Starbucks and its drive thru will produce additional traffic impacts not considered in the traffic study.
Please join us in this effort and voice your concerns!
Write the NYSDOT to tell them that the Town of Brighton will face serious traffic issues that the Brighton Town Board and Planning Board ignored:
Paul Spitzer, P.E.
New York State Department of Transportation, Region 4
1530 Jefferson Road
Rochester, New York 14623
Janice McLachlan, Esq.
New York State Department of Transportation
Acting Assistant Commissioner and General Counsel
50 Wolf Road
Albany, New York 12232
Howie Jacobson, Founding Memeber, 3rd generation Brightonian